Bucatini Pasta with Pomodoro Sauce
12 oz. box of Bucatini Pasta
1/2 cup sliced in half, pitted Kalamata Olives (rinsed with water)
2 tbsp. Capers (rinsed with water)
1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 tbsp. of Salt
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 tsp. Chili Flake
5 cloves Garlic thinly sliced
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
28 oz. can of Crushed Tomato
2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Sherry Vinegar
2 tsp. Salt
2 cups of Water
- Add olive oil to a 4 qt. pot and sweat garlic under low heat until soft without color about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, garlic powder, oregano, vinegar, chili flake, water and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Reserve 1 cup of sauce, separately.
- Add 2 Tbs. of Salt to a 6 qt pot of boiling water.
- Boil the bucatini in the 6 qt. pot of water per instruction on the box. Drain pasta once it is cooked.
- Add cooked pasta, olives and capers to the pomodoro sauce and cook on low heat for 1 minute. Add reserved 1 cup sauce, to preference.
- When the heat is turned off add half the Parmigiano-Reggiano to the pasta and stir.
- Plate pasta and add the remaining cheese on top of the bucatini to garnish.